Monday, July 5, 2010
Spock
posted at 10:32 AM | Permalink |
R.I.P. Spock, my son's lovely, sweet, calm, attentive, soft, all-black, utterly charming cat. He brought joy to members of his immediate and extended family for a very long time (22 years!).

I loved the clickety-clack of his nails when he walked on hardwood floors. And how dutifully he played with toys bought for him.  And how he basked in the family room window's sun with his front leg extended like a resting ballerina, watching birds and insects, apparently content to observe.  And how he always came to greet me minutes after I arrived, even in recent months.  And always let me scratch between his ears.  And I loved his bright green eyes.

It was wonderful to know him.

Labels: ,




comments (3)



Thanks, CGH - sweet thought.
from Blogger jau – 8:46 AM, July 11, 2010

  < home >